Some had no logical reasons and people were much much supertitious those days.
I haven't much to share on this actually cause my parents were not the supertitious type.
Let me share some that i can recall...
- Never point at a rainbow or u will lose your finger
- Never stay close to one another when there's thunder or lightning or your bodies might stick together
- Never challenge or go against your parents or u will turn to stone
- Never trim your fingernails at nite (reason unknown) but i vaguely remember its related to ghosts :D
- Never walk or step on eggshells or you will get 'bisul' - hmm don't know wats the word in english :D
- Never sew at night (reasons also unknown) ....
- Do not open an umbrella in the house cause it invites snakes &/ ghosts
- Never dress your newborn in yellow, it causes jaundice (yellow discloration on skin ..etc)
- Pulling out a gray or white hair will cause more to grow in its place
- If the palm of your right hand itches it means you will soon be getting money, If the palm of your left hand itches it means you will soon be paying out money
- Unmarried ladies not allowed to sing while cooking or they'll marry an old man
- Whistling is prohibited as it invites ghosts